A few days of vigorous debate here has changed my views on the energy production and environment issue. I now believe we should do the following to improve our slim chances of saving civilisation and the environment.
- Downscale our energy use dramatically.
- Dam all suitable watercourses on Earth for hydroelectric power. (Screw scenic beauty.)
- Replace fossil fuel power plants and lo-tech nuclear power plants with hi-tech nuke plants in affluent democracies, which must for safety’s sake sell electricity cheaply to less fortunate countries. The nuke plants should preferrably be in areas with well-educated and socially privileged inhabitants to ensure that they are monitored well.
- Put a LOT of R&D money into solving the rad waste problem and developing fusion power.
- Vote greenish within our ideology of taste.
This better, guys?