Hey everyone, and welcome to the 96th Tangled Bank blog carnival! This is where you can toadally catch up with the best recent blog writing on the life sciences.
- Grrlscientist at Living the Scientific Life explains why bright blue tits make better mothers.
- Tangled Up In Blue Guy gives us a run-down of the phylogeny of bioluminescent animals.
- Podblack Cat describes her contribution thus
A brief look at taxonomy quirks
(and you thought being famous had perks…) –
Real wacky names
And Seuss shows some science in his works!
- Jeremy at Stand Up For REAL Science discusses Indohyus, the latest and cutest proto-whale.
- Bora at A Blog Around the Clock comments on new research into the taxonomy of giraffes.
- Kevin Z at The Other 95% discusses new research into the evolution of barnacles.
- Matt at Behavioral Ecology asks, Why are models tall anyway?
- Charles at Science and Reason discusses FoxO transcription factors that affect genes related to cell growth, proliferation, differentiation, longevity, and embryonic development.
- The Bad Idea Blog reports on new findings about the early evolution of the RNA-protein complex.
- Ian at Mystery Rays from Outer Space tells us that clams have herpes. But do they have crabs?
- Chris at Ouroboros talks about the biology of aging.
- Alvaro of SharpBrains offers an interview with Elizabeth Zelinski about training regimens to combat age-related cognitive impairment.
- Larry, also at SharpBrains, has a post about brain evolution and why it is important for improving brain health.
- The Mad Tea-Party blog discusses the possibilities of a general flu vaccine.
- Archaeozoology gives us an introduction to caries. Hello, caries.
- Jeremy at Agricultural Biodiversity writes up four papers about what global warming promises for agriculture.
- Grrlscientist at Living the Scientific Life gives her thoughts on the ScienceDebate 2008 initiative: “In search of a science-literate leader”.
- Larry Ferlazzo offers a selection of science web sites for students and teachers, with commentary.
- Bora at A Blog Around the Clock has announced the table of contents of the soon forthcoming 2007 Open Lab Science Blogging Anthology.
The 97th Tangled Bank will come on-line at The Inoculated Mind on 23 January. Don’t forget to submit good stuff — your own or others’.