Four years ago (when I had only been blogging for a month) I asked my readers what kind of smartphone I should get. Nobody replied, but I got some advice elsewhence and bought a Qtek 9100. Then, two years ago, I asked the same question again and got lots of answers. In the end I bought a Samsung SGH-i780 that has served me well since.
I’d like to get away from Windows Mobile while there’s still an aftermarket for the Samsung, so here I go again, asking you, Dear Reader, for advice. Here are the specs I’m aiming for.
- Cell phone connectivity
- Wifi connectivity that actually allows me to connect, not just see that there’s an access point
- Swedish qwerty keyboard
- NOT Windows Mobile. I’d like an open-source operating system this time. Android, anyone?
- Socket for removeable flash memory and preferably works as a vanilla USB drive when connected to a desktop computer
- Plays nice with my linux computer
- Full-screen time & date readouts when in sleep mode
- Hardware key-lock button
- Stable touch-screen that needs re-calibration less than once a year
- Decent camera
What model smartphone are you using, Dear Reader? Are you happy with it? What should I get?