Sunset seen to the NW from the birthday party
- Made huntun (wonton) with my wife & kids, “good to eat and fun to make”, as the song about cookies that Junior likes goes.
- Watched The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus with wife & son. It’s a mid-quality Terry Gilliam film, better than the dreary Brothers Grimm that preceded it but not on a par with excellent films like Brazil or 12 Monkeys. Dr. P is beautiful though, and I’m sorry I didn’t watch it on the big screen.
- Made a mix CD for a birthday boy.
- Went to birthday party with the kids, though I had gotten the wrong coordinates and first spent half an hour needlessly driving around a labyrinthine summer-house area in the woods.
- Cleaned three roofs and their gutters of pine needles, moss, lichen, a bird’s nest and a couple of bones at my mom’s summer house. It was a chore, but the sun was shining and I listened to podcasts, so I didn’t mind.
- Had the traditional August crayfish dinner.
What about you, Dear Reader? What did you do for fun this weekend?
Moonrise seen to the SE from the birthday party: same place, same time