Yesterday’s walk in the woods near Drevinge garnered us the following:
- Shaggy ink cap, Fjällig bläcksvamp, Coprinus comatus
- Terracotta hedgehog, Rödgul taggsvamp, Hydnum rufescens
- Shingled hedgehog, Fjällig taggsvamp, Sarcodon imbricatus
- Common puffball, Vårtig röksvamp, Lycoperdon perlatum
- Velvet bolete, Sandsopp, Suillus variegatus
- Copper brittlegill, Tegelkremla, Russula decolorans
- Birch bolete, Björksopp, Leccinum scabrum
I’ve never picked the ink caps before as I knew that the Common ink cap is poisonous at least in combination with alcohol. But now I know better. The shaggies are always plentiful around here!
This autumn holds a small anniversary for me and my wife. She moved in with me in January of 2000. In September of that year we bought a mushroom spotter’s guide and wrote both our names in it. Arguably, a couple can’t really get any more married than that. And now we’ve used the book for ten years!