I’ve got a lot on my mind.
- Bronze Age deposition book: visiting some sites on Friday, data collection almost done, have started doing stat analysis and writing interpretations, need to write gazetteer entries while I remember details of how I’ve managed to pinpoint find spots.
- Also time to decide what my next project will be! I had hoped that a new place of employment would guide me in this decision. But no. Strategically, I should probably write something about the High Middle Ages or the Early Iron Age now to continue broadening my scope. Can’t do Mesolithic, would have to learn to knap stone first.
- Fornvännen: summer issue is with our graphic designer and I’ve begun copy editing the papers for the autumn issue. Looking forward to staff conference trip.
- Teaching: end-of-course seminar on the Heritage Site Communication next week, need to book a time slot for a teleconferenced end-of-course seminar on the Tourist Site Production for May.
- Västergötland barrow finds: will soon spend two months at 50% classifying and interpreting the finds from the first major Iron Age barrow excavated in that province for a long time. It’s a rare treat when somebody asks you to do that one thing very few other people can!
- Academic job search: I’ve got an interview on Monday but so has up to seven other people. Not sweating it though: funding deities have smiled upon me.
- Family: very worried about ailing kid. Need to help mom put her boat into the sea now that the ice is gone. Looking forward to Lincon gaming convention with Junior.
- Swedish Skeptics: looking forward to dropping some admin load on the Stockholm chapter once they get a board elected. I’m good with admin but I don’t like it. Like me and small talk, actually.