For months I subscribed to too many podcasts, and so wasn’t listening to a lot of music. But lately I’ve made an effort to rectify that. Here’s what I’ve been bopping to.
- Apples In Stereo – Travellers In Space And Time (2010). Lots of vocoder!
- David Bowie – Pin Ups (1973). Glam covers of 60s British pop tunes.
- Brimstone Solar Radiation Band – Solstice (2005). Norway’s finest psychedelia!
- Jet – Shaka Rock (2009). Stonesy, amazingly derivative and amazingly good.
- Midlake – Courage of Others (2010). Mournful, close two-part harmony, guitars, flute, always on the brink of over-earnestness.
- Norm Sherman – Esoteric Order of Sherman (2012). Masterfully genre-spanning geek comedy songs.
- Sword – Age of Winters (2006). Black Sabbath devotees lamenting the passing of the aurochs.
- Tame Impala – Lonerism (2012). Australian Lennon soundalike plays spaced-out pop under the direction of ex-Mercury-Rev producer.
- Yes – Fragile (1971). Exuberantly intricate prog rock.
Now tell me about some more good albums!