Common Stinkhorn on Landsjö castle islet
- This lady in Wyoming sends me a picture of “sacred procreation rocks”, one looking like the sideways outline of an erect cock and the other simply with a hole in it. “They were found less than a few thousand feet from each other.” In the picture, the cock stone is helpfully pointed at the hole. I wonder if I should send the lady a picture of my procreation stones.
- All week we’ve been met by this nasty stench when landing with the boat on the castle islet. We thought it was a dead fish of which we had found some bits. But yesterday we realised that there’s a stand of 50 Common Stinkhorn mushrooms nearby in the direction we never walk.
- The Olympus Mons, towering majestically over Aphrodite’s lady bits.
- Reading an English paperback from 2009. At the back is an ad for chocolate. Because a candy firm sponsored the British Book Awards.
- My high school maths teacher wants me to play Pet Rescue.
- ”I understand that some people find God after misfortune, although this seems to me even more ridiculous than finding Him in good times. ‘God smote me. He must love me.’ It’s like not wanting a romantic relationship until a member of the opposite sex punches you in the face.” Andrew Davidson 2009, The Gargoyle, p. 48
- Rural pizza delivery guy has recently arrived from Syria and knows little Swedish. Can’t find Landsjö manor, calls Ethan for directions, is astonished to hear the guy switch to Arabic, Cairo accent.
- Students told me that during the weekend they’d hidden their pizza rinds in the trash to keep me from eating them. I’m a dad.
- Love the way sunset paints the white 70s brick facades of our neighbours’ houses a warm salmon pink.