St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna
- OK so Google Inbox is excellent and I use it all the time. Takes so much of the stress out of e-mail. But I wonder, when are we getting Google Imbolc?
- Hehe. This Swedish author intends to talk about the actions of the Medieval aristocracy, instead puts “their acting”. And his language reviewer does nothing about it.
- Story germ: we discover the existence of alien visitors when one is found as a piece of mangled, semi-decomposed roadkill on a major highway.
- Google Maps knew that I was near Vienna. Then it got confused and teleported me to St. Pölten.
- Yay Rausing Foundation! Now we’ll see what the bones can tell us about life at Skällvik Castle.
- No. Please no. This guy enters a discussion about funding for the humanities, calls them “by their nature ontological”, ends sentence with two periods. I can’t take this shit.
- Movie: Arrival. Linguist is in charge of talking to aliens at first contact. Grade: OK. Because my Swedish friends think that “Pass” means “Bypass this film, do not watch it.”
- Time and time again, prominent representatives of the Swedish Racist Party reveal themselves as cynical, stupid, ignorant criminals who have no particular interest in the well-being of their constituents. Still they got 13% of the parliamentary vote last time. 13% of the Swedish people are almost certainly not cynical criminals. But it’s really hard to discuss the Swedish Racist Party without implying that their voters are in fact stupid and ignorant, or at least desperate. This however is counterproductive: it makes these voters even more keen to vote against the majority who thinks they’re not very bright.
- Fritiof Nilsson Piraten just broke Google. Not one hit for gåsgalantin.
- Cosmopolitan experience at the dentist’s office. The staff I met were ladies from three different foreign countries. No caries.
- “You’re just my type / You’ve got a pulse and you are breathing” /Saint Motel
Stucco artist Axel Notini advertised his skills on the facade of his Stockholm home in 1883.