Hello, Monday. My tidbits folder overfloweth.
- Want to text-mine JSTOR? Looks like you can.
- Garret McMahon talks about FriendFeed, scholarly communication, and embedded librarianship. Part of the reason I’m here is that I believe, with Garret, that we librarians can’t kvetch about gettin’ no respect if we don’t put ourselves out there in the general research scrum. It’s as true locally as globally.
- Jason Hoyt tells scientists to step up and own their part in the dysfunctionality of scientific communication. Three cheers from this librarian!
- Indulge me in further Cliff Lynch adulation: check out his Beyond the Repo Fringe plenary. It’s very good.
- There’s an ongoing conversation about scientific publication. I can’t point you to all of it because I don’t think I’ve read all of it, but Sciblings John Wilbanks and Christina Pikas have important parts of it.
- A clear-eyed introduction to Open Notebook Science from Iddo Friedberg.
Have a productive week!