There have been some particularly inane comments regarding Sarah Palin’s “experience” including this bit of craziness from Steve Doocy of Fox News (and echoed by Cindy McCain a short time later). Applying the same sort of logic, we naturally arrive at the following top-ten list.
10. Alaska is the land of the “Midnight Sun”, consequently, Palin must be an expert on solar energy.
9. The Iditarod race commemorates a rush to supply vaccine to Nome, and therefore Palin has obvious experience with health care delivery.
8. Mount McKinley is the highest peak in North America, and thus the closest point to outer space, so Palin has experience with space exploration.
7. Alaska is twice the size of Texas, therefore Palin is twice as good as any Texan.
6. Alaska has the lowest population density of all states, therefore Palin is an expert on family planning.
5. The famous Yukon gold rush implies that Palin is particularly knowledgeable in financial matters.
4. As the Empire of Japan invaded the Aleutian Islands in 1943, Palin has experience as a “war-time leader”.
3. Alaska is the home of many glaciers, therefore Palin has experience with climate change issues, especially in determining whether or not climate change even exists.
2. Most of America’s wild salmon comes from Alaska, and as it contains significant amounts of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, electing Palin will lower your cholesterol.
1. Palin was runner-up in the Miss Alaska contest, so she has experience in how to be number two.