Friday, and I need to pack up this computer and move in the next 4 hours.
So, oh mighty iPod one, we ask the The Serious Astronomy Question of the Week, having presciently disposed of Pluto last week…
So, iPod, d00d, wazzup with this Dark Matter shit?
Whoosh goes the randomizer.
- The Covering: Sexuality – Billy Bragg
- The Crossing: Bill – Talking Heads
- The Crown: Marteinn Semur Lö Fyrir Dýrin – Torbjorn Egner
- The Root: Body of Water – Billy Bragg & The Red Stars (live)
- The Past: Baby Can I Hold You – Tracy Chapman
- The Future: Wild Wild Life – Talking Heads
- The Questioner: Funky Kingston – Toots & The Maytals
- The House: Sugar on My Tongue – Talking Heads
- The Inside: Something Must Break – Joy Division
- The Outcome: No Fun – The Stooges
#11 is Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor, #12 is Waiting – Green Day. That’s kinda upbeat…
Hm. Lots of Talking Heads?! ?
“Strong and Warm and Wild and Free
Your Laws Do Not Apply To Me!” – wise if the mighty iPod…
The Crown is “composing songs for each animal”;
The Root Nails it! “In off the crossbar that one…”
I like the Questioner – the iPod doth love me, her devout servant.
Then it gets kinda whacky, and the Outcome is ambiguous – suggests we’re missing something still.
Body of Water
I will cross this body of water
If you promise you won’t try this at home
You’re where you want to be
Where am I, I’m up a tree
I had a hurt attack
Rolled away, now I’m bouncing back
Forgive me for feeling sick
I think I just got up too quick
Is this the consequence
Of an out of bed experience (of a whirlygig experience)[live version]
Where I’m from the sun don’t shine
We keeps the light on all the time
I walk upon the ground we dream about
You finding out about it now
But you are clever never to be found
Summer could take a hint
Seeing you in a floral print
Oh, to become a pearl
In the wordy world of the Cornflake Girl