So what did I learn…
Flying fish make great “rationality tokens”
- Multiple Populations are probably real and a problem.
I owe Bob, Jay, Chris and others an apology, they’ve been saying this for decades…
- Intermediate Mass Black Holes are Important and Interesting.
But, we need to calm down a little bit about them.
- We don’t understand as much as we used to.
- Δ Y?
- Somebody Really Really Really needs to go and compile a HST level quality, homogenous catalog of globular cluster parameters etc
Existing catalogs rely too much on heterogenous, largely pre-CCD data
This could be the most cited paper of all time in stellar astronomy
ie it’d get about 4.7% of the number of cites of the average “new model for dark energy” paper…
- I should have paid attention when people talked about 2nd Dredge-Up…
- I don’t know nearly enough about Systematic Errors in Finite Aperture High Precision Photometry.
But I will.
Do NOT mess with Alison…