As the Hubble deadline slips away, later than ever, we ask the Mighty iPod One the question whose answer we all must know:
Oh, Mighty iPod One: what will come out of Hubble for cycle 19?
Whoosh goes the iPod.
- The Covering: Deep Dark Truthful Mirror – Elvis Costellor
- The Crossing: O Isis und Osiris – Mozart
- The Crown: Richard – Billy Bragg
- The Root: Carnival of the Animals: Aviary
- The Past: I’m on Fire – Johnny Cash
- The Future: Interlude VI – Mannheim Steamroller
- The Questioner: Oksn – Ruth Rubin
- The House: Ten Little Fish – Twin Sisters
- The Inside: The Obvious Child – Paul Simon
- The Outcome: Accountancy Shanty – Monty Python
Covering is deep.
Crossing: incest and resurrection…
The Crown is deeply meaningful: does every α-particle really hide a Neon nucleus?
And, is it 20Ne?
Past: ooh yeah, you took us higher, we were so on fire!
The Future: an interlude. Oh dear.
The Questioner: er anyone know what that song is about – sounds cool…
– ah, google books to the rescue:
Hob Ich A Por Oksn: apparently nonsensical, but…
“…all the characters as well as the tasks assigned to them fit properly into the Eastern European Jewish Environment: oxen chopping noodles… kittens baking cookies.”
Ok, that works.
The House: oh dear, this is the toddlers take on “100 bottles…” – one by one the little fish give up…
“We had a little fun
we had a little money…”
we are so doomed…