The weekend is almost here, and wot a week it was.
So, we go to the local topical issue at hand: what prospects, eh?
Woosh goes the iPod.
- The Covering: Oh Well – Fiona Apple
- The Crossing: Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
- The Crown: Losing Sleep – Edwyn Collins
- The Root: VCR – The XX
- The Past: On Melancholy Hill – Gorillaz
- The Future: Wake Up Nation – Paul Weller
- The Questioner: My Perfect Cousin – Undertones
- The House: Ó Blessuð Vertu Sumarsól – Íslandstónar
- The Inside: Deportees – Billy Bragg
- The Outcome: Travelin’ Band – Creedence Clearwater Revival
“What you did to me made me
See myself something different
Though I try to talk sense to myself
But I just won’t listen”
“I’m holding on, I’m insecure
About my life, about my work
But now I know the things I hold
Are the things I miss about my life”
“You, you used to have all the answers
And you, you still have them too
And we, we live half in the day time
And we, we live half at night”
The House: ” Oh be blessed, summer sun” – a melodic ode to the tranquil joy of a sunny summer’s day…
The Inside is a bit grim!
Interesting Outcome – not done yet, I gather.
#11 was “Polar Bear Blues” – the classic song of the grind working at the conveyor belt gutting fish…
#12 is Concerto #5 Brandenburg Concertos…
For those of you who favour the Zodiac interpretation, of course!
The Crossing: “Here we are now. Entertain us!”
The Questioner: “He’s got a degree in economics, maths, physics and bionics!”