It is friday, and we prepare to close down for the weekend.
So we splish over to the iPod and we ask…
Oh, mighty iPod: what writing will we see on the wall when the slate is clean?
Whoosh goes the randomizer.
- The Covering: The Message – Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
- The Crossing: Skyttan (live) – MX-21
- The Crown: Just the two of us – Bill Withers
- The Root: One of These Days – Pink Floyd
- The Past: Towers of London – XTC
- The Future: The Boy Done Good – Billy Bragg
- The Questioner: Woodstock – Joni Mitchell
- The House: She’s So High – Tal Bachman
- The Inside: The Boy in the Bubble – Paul Simon
- The Outcome: The Donut Song – Burl Ives
The Crossing is “The Hunter”.
The Crown: “building castles in the sky/we can make it if we try”
The Future: always the last one chosen, but the ending is oh so happy!
“But somehow I can’t believe
That anything should happen
I know where I belong
And nothing’s gonna happen
Ok, what songs are you, and what have you done with my iPod?!
I didn’t think I had 10 upbeat songs on my iPod.
Yes, “The Message” is upbeat… it is all relative.
I feel all annoyingly cheerful and upbeat now.
I think I’ll go have some ice cream.
In the rain.
‘course #11 is “Comfortably Numb” and #12 is “No Pride”… that’s more like it,
for those of you more comfortable with the zodiac reading.
The Past: “when they had built you
did you watch over the men who fell”