More random goodness from the intertoobz including a special topical PSU section for my colleagues
- John McCarthy interview – wrote LISP – an old friend.
- Galactic Center Orbital Models – new animation from Ghez’ group.
- Humans of New York – fascinating photo blog h/t poic at CR
- Simons Foundation sponsored article on Complexity and Biology’s First Law
- No More Ripples – Telescoper pines for when he were but a wee cosmologist – read the comments!
- Talking Back to Your Elders – Sean gets nostalgic in turn
- Building Blocks and Blueprints in Cosmology – Telescoper redux
- Future of High Energy Physics
- NCTQ – Teacher Prep Review 2013 Report and Here is the Pennsylvania section
- The Special Brand of Horror that is the New World Screwworm
- The Screwfly Solution
- PSU Benefits
- Weigh in or Pay
- Is Incentive-Driven Healthcare the Holy Grail of Engagement?
- When Your Boss Makes You Pay for Being Fat
- Your Company Wants to Make You Healthy
“Dr. Ira Ropson is the incoming chair of the Faculty Benefits Committee of the Faculty Senate. He has indicated that that he is collecting comments about the Wellness Program for the faculty senate meeting in early September towards discussion and constructive recommendations. He has also indicated that the faculty senate plans to have an open forum for discussions on this and other policies in the near future. Meanwhile, Dr. Ira Ropson has requested that you contact him with your questions and comments at email@example.com.”