OK, my car won’t start. Here is the information that may be relevant:
– It is a 2000 Ford Winstar minivan.
– It never happened before – not even close.
– It is used every day.
– On most days it covers only a couple of miles. Once or twice a week, it may go to Raleigh (28 miles one way) or to my school (16 miles one way).
– It appears to have plenty of electricity, oil and gas.
– When the key is turned, all the lights come on, radio comes on etc.
– Nothing in the engine appears to move when the key is turned – I cannot see any movement or light anywhere.
– When the key is turned it makes a sound like electrical discharge, a sparkle, or even a Christmas sparkler stick. I cannot figure out where in the engine the sound comes from.
– I drove it to the store yesterday (5 miles each way), my wife drove herself to work last night and back home this morning (5 miles each way), with no complaints.
– It’s been quite yucky around here today and yesterday – much rain and thunder.
If you have any idea, let me know in the comments. Is there something I can do with basic tools and no spare parts? If I take it to the garage (and that has to wait until Wednesday as we are entirely broke), what should I expect them to tell me, what will they fix, how much should that cost?