Registration now open for the first National Conference on Science and Technology in Out of School Time – Chicago, September 17-19, 2008:
Join us at the first National Conference on Science in Out of School Time, September 17-19, 2008.
Registration is now open at www.scienceafterschoolconference.org
The conference is being organized by Project Exploration and the Coalition for Science After School; it’s designed for program leaders, researchers, funders and policy makers. We’re putting a particular emphasis on equity and access issues. Conference features include:
– A special welcome from Maggie Daley;
– Keynote address from Eric Jolly, coauthor of “Engagement, Capacity and Continuity;”
– Scientists in action: Nobel laureate and physicist Dr. Leon Lederman and paleontologist Dr. Paul Sereno;
– A conversation about equity and access with Pat Campbell and Jane Quinn;
– Breakout sessions will focus on best practices and model programs, systemic strategies for program leaders and funders, and program evaluation.
DO YOU HAVE A TOPIC YOU’D LIKE TO PRESENT? Tell us about it! Submit your idea online via the conference website. Want to be a sponsor or give out goodies to conference participants? Use the website to let us know!
Online registration, hotel and travel details can be found online: www.scienceafterschoolconference.org
Download a postcard about the conference: www.scienceafterschoolconference.org/pdf/ScienceTechnologyPostCard.pdf
Funding for the conference is generously provided by the Department of Education and the Motorola Foundation.
Spread the word – and hope to see you in September!
-Gabe and the team at Project Exploration