There’s an interesting site up which claims to be able to test whether or not you are tone deaf (the technical term for this condition is amusia). Though I’m not a music expert, I took the test, and in my opinion it really was testing my ability to determine the difference between similar musical phrases, so I’d highly recommend it.
The only problem with the site is that it doesn’t offer any way to compare your results with those of others who’ve taken the test. To rectify that situation, I’ve added a poll below. We’ll at least have an idea of how CogDaily readers do on the test.
In other news:
- As long as we’re testing things, why not test your American regional accent? (the test correctly identified my accent as from the American West)
- The ScienceBlogs editors interview me!
- The Neurophilospher discusses the amazing archerfish (with video!)
- Help Vaughan complete the biography of John E. Fryer, the first psychologist to speak publicly about being gay
- For more cog/neuroscience links visit this week’s Synapse at Developing Intelligence