A bunch of recent journal & magazine issues to catch up on. There’s lots of cool stuff to highlight, so I’ll only list a couple of articles from each issue. Unfortunately, most of it will be behind the IEEE paywall.
- Think Piece: Preserving Records of the Past, Today by Cortada, J.W.
- Anecdotes: Prototype Fragments from Babbage’s First Difference Engine by Roegel, D.
- K-Net and Canadian Aboriginal communities by Fiser, A.; Clement, A.
- Communication technology, emergency alerts, and campus safety by Gow, G.; McGee, T.; Townsend, D.; Anderson, P.; Varnhagen, S.
- Listen to dreams [Career Advisor: Experiences from the Real World] by Kullas, K.; Wax, H.; Malik, H.W.
- Personal and professional enrichment [WIE from Around the World] by Salim, N.
- Security in Open Source Web Content Management Systems by Meike, M.; Sametinger, J.; Wiesauer, A.
- Data Security in the World of Cloud Computing by Kaufman, L.M.
IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, IEEE, v31i3 (Special issue on the history of Computer Games!)
- Videogames in Computer Space: The Complex History of Pong by Lowood, Henry
- Random and Raster: Display Technologies and the Development of Videogames by Montfort, Nick; Bogost, Ian
- Software Abundance in the Face of Economic Scarcity, Part 1 by Booch, Grady
- Metadesign: Guidelines for Supporting Domain Experts in Software Development by Fischer, Gerhard; Nakakoji, Kumiyo; Ye, Yunwen
- Master’s Degrees in Software Engineering: An Analysis of 28 University Programs by Pyster, Arthur; Turner, Richard; Henry, Devanandham; Lasfer, Kahina; Bernstein, Larry