- The Rational Optimist: How Prosperity Evolves by Matt Ridley
- Map of a Nation: A Biography of the Ordnance Survey by Rachel Hewitt
- The Secret Life of Bletchley Park: The History of the Wartime Codebreaking Centre by the Men and Women Who Were There by Sinclair McKay
- Wonders of the Solar System by Brian Cox
- The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking
- The Natural History Book by DK
- The Butterfly Isles: A Summer in Search of Our Emperors and Admirals by Patrick Barkham
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Harmony: A New Way of Looking at Our World by Prince of Wales Charles
- Bugs Britannica by Peter Marren
- The Strangest Man: The Life of Paul Dirac by Graham Farmelo
- Concorde Manual: An insight into flying, operating and maintaining the world’s first supersonic passenger jet (Owner’s Workshop Manual) by David Leney
- The Hidden Landscape: A Journey into the Geological Past by Richard A. Fortey
- How to Live a Low-Carbon Life: The Individual’s Guide to Tackling Climate Change by Chris Goodall
I’m always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven’t covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.