Another list for your reading, gift giving and collection development pleasure.
- Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming by Naomi Oreskes and Erik M. Conway
- The Upside of Irrationality: The Unexpected Benefits of Defying Logic at Work and at Home by Dan Ariely
- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach
- How Pleasure Works: The New Science of Why We Like What We Like by Paul Bloom
- The Invisible Gorilla: And Other Ways Our Intuitions Deceive Us by Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons
- What Technology Wants by Kevin Kelly
- The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow
- The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values by Sam Harris
- The Rational Optimist: How Prosperity Evolves by Matt Ridley
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
I’m always looking for recommendations and notifications of book lists as they appear in various media outlets. If you see one that I haven’t covered, please let me know at jdupuis at yorku dot ca or in the comments.
I am picking up a lot of lists from Largehearted Boy.