I’m always interested in the present and future of libraries. There’s a steady stream of reports from various organizations that are broadly relevant to the (mostly academic) library biz but they can be tough to keep track of. I thought I’d aggregate some of those here. Of course I’ve very likely missed a few, so suggestions are welcome in the comments.
I did a similar compendium about a month ago here.
- NMC Horizon Report > 2014 Higher Education Edition
- Technology to the Rescue: Can Technology-Enhanced Education Help Public Flagship Universities Meet Their Challenges?
- Policy Recommendations for Open Access to Research Data in Europe (RECODE): Legal and ethical challenges
- Canadian Research Knowledge Network Integrated Digital Scholarship Ecosystem (IDSE): Preliminary Report
- International Workshop on Contributorship and Scholarly Attribution (including report)
- State of America’s Libraries Report 2014
- Symantec’s Internet Security Threat Report
- The Digital Campus 2014 (Some parts paywalled by The Chronicle of Higher Ed)
- The Nonacademic Careers of STEM PhD Holders
- Transforming Liaison Roles in Research Libraries
- The Oberlin Group Statement on Ebooks & Libraries
- Digital Canada 150
- The Value and Impact of Data Sharing and Curation: A synthesis of three recent studies of UK research data centres
- Knowledge Infrastructures: Intellectual Frameworks and Research Challenges
- The Information Literacy User’s Guide
- Monitoring Progress in the Transition to Open Access: Report of a Working Group
As usual, if I forgotten anything recent please let me know in the comments.