Now, if only they would offer these online for free…
10. Collegiate Sexualities at
9. Body Politics: Power, Pain, and Pleasure at
8. Issues Dividing America at Columbia University.
7. Whiteness and Multiculturalism at Ithaca College.
6. Truth, Lies, Politics, and Policy at Portland
5. Introduction to Labor Studies at the University
4. Speaking Out at Bucknell College.
3. Imperialism in American History at the
University of California, Irvine.
2. Movements in Social Justice at Occidental
1. Islam in Global Contexts at DePaul University.
Imperialism in American History sounds pretty good
to me. The blasphemously-acronymed FSM described the course:
This course seeks to place America in the worst
possible light – by blaming this country for needlessly
extending our power on other countries. The course asks, “To
what extent has the United States (either consciously or unconsciously)
dominated, used, and/or exploited other countries and nations in the
years since its founding?” Quite a loaded question
– try being a student who says we aren’t all
imperialist jerks as the academic Left loves to claim. If capitalism
wasn’t a good enough target for these crazy academics,
calling us imperialists proves too easy to pass up. You see, Leftist
academics hate capitalism – even while these Marxist lovers
demand lofty paychecks for just a few hours of academic work a week and
yearn for the day when they can write a book that is chosen as required
reading for college courses, happily accepting a steady stream of
royalty checks – and they like to argue that everything
America does (under a Republican administration) is an example of
imperialism. Let them have their copies of Socialist Worker –
we’ll take classes that don’t criticize America as
a focus for a course.
The course is taught by Marxist lovers.
What could be better than that?