Josh Marshall suggests that Karl Rove was getting his allegations of voter fraud that lead to the U.S. Attorney firing scandal from an article by John Lott.
He doesn’t have a link to the article, but here it is, posted to Freerepublic by Mary Rosh.
summary and link here…
John Lott was asked to explain away the minority voting problems in the 2000 Florida elections. The most egregious part of his fraudulent analysis was finding no correlation between racial population CHANGE and ballot spoilage. He claimed this irrelevant differential was “sophisticated”.
Allan Lichtman took apart his case in the Journal of Legal Studies in 2003, vol. 32 (subscription req.)
The only question was whether the conservative commissioner who hired him, Abigail Thernstrom, was part of the fraud or just a dupe.
Let me explain this in terms that John Lott and Karl Rove supporters will understand.
1. Republicans are the party of freedom.
2. No sane or honest person would vote against freedom.
3. The Republican party will get the votes of all sane and honest people.
4. Most people are sane and honest.
5. Insane people don’t vote.
6. Therefore, whenever the Republican party does not win a seat, that is evidence that something dishonest happened.
Simple, really, and quite logical.
The site is currently under maintenance and will be back shortly. New comments have been disabled during this time, please check back soon.