Biofortified, the PandasThumb of crop engineering, is in a contest.
A contest to win an interview with Michael Pollan and grant money for educating the public about GMOs!
1. Biofortified assured me that the interview with Pollan will be ‘educational’. I dont think I can put into words how much I, personally, want to see Pollan grilled by some real scientists. Definitely worth a bit of obnoxious registering to vote.
2. Do you really want some anti-science, anti-GMO assholes getting $1500 to miseducate the public? Bleh its like the Discovery Institute winning $1500 to teach kids about SCIENCE! God… Im going to puke just thinking about that… Again, totally worth the obnoxious registering to vote for a pro-science group.
3. One of Biofortifieds contributors is a new SciBlogger, Pamela, at Tomorrows Table. I also suggested Anastasia and Karl to the SciBlog overlords MONTHS ago. *FROWNY FACE* *kicks overlords in the crotch*
4. If those reasons dont convince you, I can only say,
5. If you are still feeling a bit anti-science and queasy over GMOs, check out the rational comments made by the Biofortified contributors at the contest website, and contrast that with the sheer level of CRAZY coming from their anti-all-GMO rivals. Its comparable to the level of stupid/insanity we get from anti-vaxers, for real. Bleg.
Biofortified deserves the win– take a minute to vote!