Apparently Michele Bachmann (Crazy, MN) wants her daughters (and any/all women) to get cervical cancer if they grow up to engage in any kind of sex their mother doesnt agree with (but almost certainly engaged in herself), so at the Republican debate for whatever, she ‘called out’ Rick Perry (Crazy, TX) for legislating mandatory HPV vaccines for girls.
To have innocent little 12-year-old girls be forced to have a government injection through an executive order is just flat out wrong. That should never be done. That’s a violation of a liberty interest.
“Well, I’m offended for all the little girls and the parents that didn’t have a choice,” replied Bachmann. “That’s what I’m offended for.”
Good for you. Lets all be ‘offended’ together. Im offended that you kill women in the name of ‘liberty’, Bachmann. Im offended at how gleefully you wallow in your willful ignorance of basic science, how proud you are to be stupid, your anti-vax position being just one facet of that personality deficit.
Anyway, I was like, “Holy crap! Rick Perry (Crazy, TX) actually did something non-crazy that helped save lives!”
lol, yeah, no, not really.
In response to Bachmann ‘calling him out’, he issued this statement:
Gov. Perry stands firmly on the side of protecting life, and he viewed the issue in that context since HPV is a leading cause of cervical cancer in women. However, he has said that, in hindsight, his order was a mistake because citizens should have had the opportunity to express their opinions beforehand on such a sensitive issue.
Saving live is always a mistake, amirite?
And then waltzes in Sarah Palin (Crazy, AK) to defend Bachmann (hos before bros):
“That someone as Michele Bachmann pointed out, was Governor Perry’s former chief of staff who went to work for a drug company who made the drug that would be required of the Texas government to mandate that our young daughters would have to be inoculated against potential disease from this company that his former chief of staff was lobbying for that is crony capitalism,” Palin said.
Considering several of her children are unquestionably sluts, by Conservative Christian standards, Im taking this to mean that Palin would rather see her daughters and her sons lovers go through painful, humiliating medical procedures, chemotherapy/radiation, or die, rather than get the Slut Shot (aka HPV vaccine) made by The Man (theyre against Big Corporations except when they are for them). What a loving, caring mother.
Meanwhile, I learned that all of this occurred on the bastion of anti-science woo, especially anti-vax bullshit, the Huffington Post… yeah… which is also anti-Republican/Conservative/etc. The approved comments there are comedy gold.
Bachmann, Perry, Palin, HuffPo, nutbars of all political stripes– skipping hand-in-hand in Crazy Land thanks to vaccines… Is this what Chris Mooney, Communication Messiah, meant by ‘building bridges’ with crazy people?
EDIT 10.15 PM– Ohhhhh. Lookie here! What a crazy, random happenstance!
Docs: Oral Cancer Rise Among Men Caused By HPV Virus
“Absolutely. I see two or three patients per week who have HPV-related oropharynx cancer,” Haddad said.
Haddad said he has witnessed an unmistakable shift.
“Fifteen years ago, almost every patient we saw with head and neck cancer was a smoker or drinker. Right now, in 2011, 20 percent of patients are smokers and drinkers and the other 80 percent get this cancer because of HPV infection,” Haddad said.
The Centers for Disease Control estimates that 24 million people in the U.S. are infected with HPV at any given time. It’s spread sexually, although some doctors believe it could ultimately become known as a kissing disease.
“It could potentially be transmitted by skin to skin contact, maybe saliva. We cannot exclude that kissing might transmit HPV,” Haddad said.
From a patient:
For patients, who’ve been through the brutal radiation treatment and chemotherapy, it may be an easy decision.
“If you (had) talked to me and I looked in my crystal ball and said that when I was 15 years old that if I got that HPV shot I wouldn’t have had cancer, well, now I’m pretty strong for it,” Hurd said.