Duane Smith at Abnormal Interests tagged me, and I loves me some books, so who am I to refuse to be mimetic?
1. One book that changed your life?
Randy Shilts, And the Band Played On: Politics, People, and the AIDS Epidemic
2. One book you have read more than once?
T. S. Kuhn, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions
3. One book you would want on a desert island?
Michael Pollan, The Botany of Desire: A Plant’s-Eye View of the World
4. One book that made you laugh?
Sarah Vowell, Take the Cannoli: Stories from the New World
(My answer for #5 would also work here.)
5. One book that made you cry?
Armistead Maupin, the Tales of the City series.
(My answer for #4 would also work here.)
6. One book you wish had been written?
The Field Guide to Academic Regalia.
7. One book you wish had never had been written?
The Strawberry Shortcake books — not only banal, but obnoxiously difficult to read aloud. HATE!!
8. One book you are currently reading?
Rebecca West, Black Lamb and Grey Falcon: A Journey Through Yugoslavia
9. One book you have been meaning to read?
Mary Jo Nye, Before Big Science: The Pursuit of Modern Chemistry and Physics, 1800-1940
10. Now tag five people -
Just five? OK, how about: