If I must choose, nog with whipped cream (but no bourbon). I also like coffee with a slug of chocolate syrup and a shot of Peppermint Torani’s.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Unless it’s something big and unwieldy, Santa (or his minions) wraps them, usually in paper with pictures of Santa.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored lights on the tree, white outside if we get to it.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. A long prison sentence suffices.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Post-December 15. (Finals doncha know.)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Pecan puffs a/k/a “snowball cookies” (recipe is in the classic edition of Joy of Cooking).
7. Favorite Holiday memory?
Walking around with Uncle Fishy, pushing elder offspring’s stroller uphill (both ways!) looking at lights when we lived in San Francisco.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth would that be?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, the new pajamas from my mother.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I do the lights and the breakable ornaments first. The kids do other ornaments until they get bored. Then I do the rest.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I like to visit snow, but I don’t miss living in it.
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
No. It’s not really about the gifts for me.
14. What’s the most important thing?
Pausing to remember how lucky we are to have each other.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
If we’re looking for more than cookies, the dark chocolate Buche de Noel my mom sometimes makes, rolled up with whipped cream that has candy cane fragments folded into it.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Walking around our neighborhood at night to look at the lights.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
“I Heard the Bells”
20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum?
Straight up: yuck. In combination with dark chocolate, ice cream, or something of that ilk: yum.