Chris at Mixing Memory points to research that suggests musical preferences provide a window to the personality. I haven’t seen the research yet but, at Chris’s prompting, I’ll throw myself into the ring as an experimental subject by listing 10 songs I like an awful lot*:
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Knock Me Down
- Ani Di Franco, Gravel
- Public Enemy, Can’t Do Nuttin’ for Ya Man
- Sleater-Kinney, Good Things
- Steely Dan, My Old School
- Billy Bragg, St. Swithin’s Day
- Nina Simone, My Baby Just Cares for Me
- The Beatles, I’m Only Sleeping
- Descendants, Wendy
- Dar Williams, In Love But Not at Peace
There are the data. In light of Chris’s post, what do they tell you about my personality?
*I’m constitutionally unable to settle on an all-time top 10. These are my top 10 for the stetch of time during which I composed this post.