Here’s some interesting science:
- A commonly used medicinal leach may have been misidentified as the wrong species.
- Here is a description of the Human Variome Project, which seems more focused on mapping disease genes than doing cool population genetics. That’s too bad.
- Science has an article on the benefits of undergraduate research. The most important one: to get into grad school.
- You can use molecular markers to determine that a lonesome tortoise has no reason to feel alone.
- The central nervous system is homologous across all animals.
- What is the greatest innovation? I’ve tackled this before.
- The NYTimes reviews mammalian X chromosomes, and it’s not half bad.
- The NYTimes also discusses regrowing corals.