1. I read all of Arthur C. Clarke’s novels when I was a kid.
2. I read all of Robert Heinlein’s novels when I was a teenager.
3. I read all of Neal Stephenson’s and Terry Pratchett’s novels now.
4. I learned to program in COBOL.
5. All I read apart from the above are technical scientific and philosophical papers. If I push myself, I’ll read a technical scientific or philosophical book. The current one is Rosenzweig’s Species Diversity in Space and Time. For relief I read popular science books.
6. I had a holiday once. I remember it well.
7. I once went to a party, also.
8. I did a bachelor’s degree, an honours year, a masters, a graduate diploma and a doctorate part-time while working full-time! For fun!
9. Occasionally I remember to get a haircut.
10. I read the unexpurgated Adventures of Huckleberry Finn to my five year old daughter (sorry, Alice. I hope you get well eventually).
11. I do not use a spellchecker, because I know spelling better than the checker does. (but it types better than I do.)
12. I answer all the trivia questions, and try to beat the contestants on quiz shows, and mostly do.
13. I once knew all the stats of the Saturn V rocket, and had a card indexing system of all astronauts and cosmonauts, including trainees, of their education, rank, home towns, and missions. I wrote directly to the Soviet space program, age 13, for information. I’m sure there’s an ASIO file on me somewhere.
14. I’m a philosopher. Of science. What more needs to be said?