This is a repost of an item from my old blog.
The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge.
This is an Absodoodly-don’t miss event!
Har Mar Mall, Rosedale District
Feb 17 and 18 2007
Exhibits must be set up between 8:30 and 10:00 am Saturday and will remain up until 4:00 pm Sunday
Judging begins at 10:00 am and finishes at about 12:30 pm Saturday
According to Russ McGlenn (the dapper gentlemen in the photo, shown here at the Har Mar Mall during a previous Creation Science Fair), of Adventure Safaris (facilitator and coordinating agency of the Home School Science Fair):
“We need to train our students and ourselves to ask the right questions.”
And he continues…
Creation scientists need to ask this question: What can I learn about myself, God, and God’s plan for the universe as I study His creation today? I believe true science is a way to learn more about God and ourselves. It is a living class room in which God is the Instructor and we the students. Jesus used common things in nature to illustrate his principles as he taught.
Here are a few examples from a list that Russ and his people made that Russ provides to “challenge our students to worship and serve the Creator and to use the creation to proclaim God’s Glory. [from] Romans 1.”
3. Make a computer model of the Flood currents.
4. Statistical occurrence of giants, and midgets and dwarfs and giantism. Use Princess Flo, Goliath, and brothers.
6. Build and run studies on a strata forming wave tank. This would confirm or disprove strata are all laid down at the same time.
8. How much voltage or current can a human take before he is killed? Could do experiments on a plant.
12. Trilobites prove Noah’s flood because they are curled up or not?
14. Can salt water and fresh water fish live in the same water or not?
65. What affects skin color? Is one color better than another? What was God’s purpose in this?
66. What color is our brain?
69. Why do cats always land on there feet when they fall? Do other animals do t
72. What is God made of?
112. What is the difference between cold and warm blooded? Why did God do it this way?
I’m disappointed that the photos from previous years, while the kids are cute and the exhibits look cool, often don’t show enough detail to know what past exhibits are on. I hope there will be better pictures this year (hey, if you have some good pictures, send them to me and I’ll post them!)