I’m serious. You can’t see this post until you put down your coffee and make sure your airways are clear. Then you can click on the heading and laugh, and cry, and everything…
This is a repost of an item from my old blog.
OK, I think this is fake, it can’t be real. This was spotted on Pharyngula, and PZ Myers is a smart guy, but maybe this time he was fooled.
I’m talking about the “Twin Citeis Creation Science Association 2007 Home School Science Fair” planned for February 17th and 18th.
Here is the link if you want to see their site.
The following are my favorites form a list of 114 suggested science fair projects for the kiddies. As you read through this you may want to keep certain things in mind. For each idea, imagine what experiment the child is meant to do. For instance, to answer the question “How much electricity does it take to kill a person” … one can only imagine (to be fair, that item on this list suggests doing the experiment on a plant). It is also interesting to see how many experiments are meant to test God’s Intentions (or in once case, “what is god made of?”). Is that OK to do?
- 1. A virus can mutate (alter) the DNA code of the host cell
and reproduce a new species. Does this prove evolution by mutation is
true or does it show adaptation (variety) within a species?
- 3. Make a computer model of the Flood currents.
- 4. Statistical occurrence of giants, and midgets and dwarfs
and giantism. Use Princess Flo, Goliath, and brothers.
- 8. How much voltage or current can a human take before he
is killed? Could do experiments on a plant.
- 10. What was life like before the Flood?
- 12. Trilobites prove Noah’s flood because they are curled
up or not?
- 14. Can salt water and fresh water fish live in the same
water or not?
- 15. How long can flies survive freezing in a frig?
- 18. Is intelligence influenced by physical attributes. i.e.
are blondes “dumb” or does skin color influence intelligence?
- 19. Can a dog run a maze faster than a gerbil?
- 22. Could a person function without thumbs? or What would
it be like to not have thumbs?
- 26. Is energy ever destroyed or created?
- 31. Why is the sky blue by day and black at night?
- 33. Why is hair thicker on the head than the rest of the
- 35. Why does the Bible say there is one glory of the sun,
one glory of the moon, and one glory of the stars?
- 36. Why is snow 6 sided?
- 40. Does sea currents affect climate?
- 46. Where are teeth stored?
- 50. Why is blood blue in our veins but turns red when we
are cut? If we
are cut in a vacuum would the blood stay blue?
- 52. What was the weather like before the Flood?
- 53. Were all the animals friendly to man before the Flood?
Idea: raise several baby animals like snake and mouse together to see
if they remain friends as they are older.
- 54. Why do they live longer before the Flood?
- 56. Why do plants and insects die in the Fall?
- 58. Why did God create the moon to control the tides?
- 65. What affects skin color? Is one color better than
another? What was God’s purpose in this?
- 66. What color is our brain?
- 69. Why do cats always land on there feet when they fall?
Do other animals do this?
- 70. How do mice react after 24 hours of confinement? What
about other animals?
- 72. What is God made of?
- 74. What happens to eyes so you need glasses? Did God
design them poorly?
- 80. Why did God make pests like bugs and mosquitoes?
- 81. Why are there joints and cracks in the earth’s crust?
- 82. Why do our joints crack?
- 83. Why do people believe in Evolution?
- 84. What events caused them to become evolutionists?
- 90. Why do we experience a feeling of fear? What makes this
in our body?
- 91. Why do we need to eat?
- 92. Why do some animals lay eggs and others bear babies
alive? Why did God do it this way?
- 93. Why do people eat and drink allot when they are
- 95. Are humans mammals? We thought they were made in God’s
image and not related to animals.
- 99. Does a mare in foal become more ornery than one not?
- 101.If there were aliens, why would they visit humans?
- 102.Why do we have pimples? Did God goof?
- 103.Where was the Garden of Eden? Is it around today?
- 104.Why do cats hate dogs and dogs hate cats?
- 105.What are aliens and are there really any in our world?
see Lamentations 5:2, Eph 2:12, Heb 11:34.
- 106.Can plants affect your growth?
- 112. What is the difference between cold and warm blooded?
Why did God do
it this way?
- 113. How can we have hot and cold water in the ocean at the
- 114. What shape is outer space?