i-948f91d6c8c7e5a6621e252a58e0e3d9-Troy_King.jpg

Troy King, Anti Gay for everyone else but himself?
This is the opinion of Alabama’s Republican Attorney General Troy King, a conservative Christian.

While in office, King has supported bills to outlaw ‘sex toys’ and has been a vociferous supporter of the death penalty. He is anti affirmative action, anti choice, and especially, anti- gay. Much of his political opinion, perhaps including the anti-gay quote above, can be found in The Crimson White … the University of Alabama school newspaper. (These writings predate the online edition, apparently.)

King has been considered as a very likely candidate for governor in 2010.

That was all before King got caught with his pants down.

With his male aide. By his wife.

According to gaywired.com,

King was reportedly nabbed having sex with a male assistant by his wife, Paige King, in the couple’s own bed. … After being caught having sex with his male aide by his wife, Alabama Attorney General Troy King was reportedly banished from his home in Montgomery by his infuriated spouse, according to PerezHilton.com. Although reports about the scandal are sketchy and the events have yet to be confirmed by official sources, some media outlets are reporting that King is preparing to resign over the affair.

Hat tip: erv.

Comments

1. #1 Stephanie Z
    July 14, 2008

“…in the couple’s own bed.”

Apparently the closet was starting to chafe. Do you think the Republicans will ever learn that being closeted and virulently anti-gay in an out world is a flag for a politician who hates himself enough to want to get caught and punished? How many other examples of stupid risk-taking behavior do you think we’ll hear about as the details of this emerge?

2. #2 Virgil Samms
    July 14, 2008

Verily, “Homosexuality is the Downfall of Society”

He may have a point there, it was certainly the downfall of his own social standing. Kudos to his wife for maintaining her position, and not pulling a Wendy Vitter.

3. #3 Kobra
    July 14, 2008

Haha! Oh the irony. It’s painful!

Talk about self-loathing.

4. #4 Zeno
    July 14, 2008

And still the closeted political types don’t know that vociferously campaigning for anti-gay legislation sets off people’s gaydar: What’s her problem?

And now we know.

5. #5 HP
    July 14, 2008

in the couple’s own bed

Hee. I love this detail. The famous passage in Leviticus (18:22) that appears to condemn homosexuality is actually about ritual purity with respect to the marriage bed (at least in some interpretations; I don’t want to start a hermeneutics war).

The passage specifically condemns homosexual acts in the same bed where you have sex with your wife.

You oughta stick to public restrooms, Mr. King.

6. #6 gee
    July 14, 2008

You might want to credit the blog that broke the story…

The Locust Fork Journal

7. #7 Greg Laden
    July 14, 2008

Gee… thanks. I credit where I get info from, and sometimes I go back to earlier incarnations not always. People can follow the links. This is a blog, and I am not a journalist.

However, it is good to know, thanks!

HP: What an interested loophole.

G

8. #8 Virgil Samms
    July 14, 2008

King’s Wikipedia page is locked with no mention of this scandal.

Editing of this article by new or unregistered users is currently disabled.
    See the protection policy and protection log for more details. If you cannot edit this article and you wish to make a change, you can discuss changes on the talk page, request unprotection, log in, or create an account.

9. #9 Virgil Samms
    July 14, 2008

McCain Scrubs King From Website
    Feeding the rumors that Alabama Attorney General Troy King will be the latest conservative Republican caught in a gay sex scandal is the fact that yesterday the John McCain website scrubbed any reference of King.

Since McCain claims to be computer-illiterate, his staff did the whitewash job, not McCain personally.

10. #10 Ashley Moore
    July 14, 2008

Tom the Dancing Bug nailed this one months ago.

http://www.salon.com/comics/boll/2007/10/25/boll/

11. #11 Pugeye
    July 14, 2008

interesting stuff! Have you heard my P-JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK, braaaaaaaaaaahski?

12. #12 Jaffo Nerr
    July 14, 2008

Cynics’ Party has the WHOLE story – including the part that McCain tried to DELETE!

http://cynicsparty.com/2008/07/12/cynics-party-recovers-mccain-press-release-announcing-disgraced-ag-troy-king-as-alabama-state-chair/

13. #13 Jammer
    July 14, 2008

I love it when these “Holier than thou” types show how hypocritical they really are!

14. #14 Romeo Vitelli
    July 14, 2008

Sooner or later, he’ll check into one of the anti-gay reeducation camps and emerge as “cured”. A spanking new success story to add to the others.

15. #15 Virgil Samms
    July 14, 2008

From that press release about McCain’s Alabama Leadership Team:

Blount County
    Chair – Brett King

Any relation?

16. #16 Virgil Samms
    July 15, 2008

I found some great King quotes:

“I often hear the argument that homosexuals who live together create a loving, caring family environment, perhaps an environment which is even superior to that which can be provided by a heterosexual couple. In this day of rampant decadence, many homosexuals would misled society into believe that three men, an armadillo and a house plant create a functional family.”

Troy King: anti-armadillo.

17. #17 Virgil Samms
    July 15, 2008
  18. #18 Greg Laden
    July 15, 2008

three men, an armadillo and a house plant

I have a friend who is always going to Alabama and I can never figure out why. Maybe now I understand.

We are so sheltered in Minnesota.

19. #19 Julie Stahlhut
    July 15, 2008

Well, if we include combinations that were not necessarily contemporaneous, my household has consisted of one man, one woman, three giant millipedes, a couple of dozen lepidopteran larvae, a free-range colony of Crematogaster sp., eight groundhogs, at least three chipmunks, Zarquon only knows how many drosophilids, a fluctuating population of mice, and an adult noctuid moth with an unquenchable thirst for stale beer.

As far as I know, all the sex taking place on our property was of the het variety, but I also know that the male millipede was doing the deed with both females. In the same tank, no less. Oh, and I also kept solitary wasps, belonging to a species that is infamous for its approximately 65% sibling-mating rate.

It all worked out fine, with a minimum of biting and stinging. Let Troy King focus on his own damn family.