Steve Jobs in 1994:
1) If I were running Apple, I would milk the Macintosh for all it’s worth — and get busy on the next great thing. The PC wars are over. Done. Microsoft won a long time ago.
In 2003 regarding iTunes:
2) It will go down in history as a turning point for the music industry. This is landmark stuff. I can’t overestimate it!
Bill Gates in 1983:
3) We will never make a 32-bit operating system.
4) I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important operating system, and possibly program, of all time.
Linus Torvalds in 1991:
5) I’m doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won’t be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones.
6) My name is Linus Torvalds and I am your god.
And in 2003:
Really, I’m not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect.
OK, now for a quiz:
Which of the above statements turned out to be the MOST correct or true?
Which of the above statements turned out to be the MOST untrue, or just plain, teh dumbest evah?
Which of the three individuals indicated above has the best sense of humor?