An Email from El Tinkenberg:
Even as Congresswoman Michele Bachmann tries to backpedal from her outrageous comments Friday, comments which have inspired more than a million dollars for our campaign in the last four days alone, people across the country are just beginning to learn the truth about Congresswoman Michele Bachmann’s long history of extreme and divisive views:
- At a debate with El Tinklenberg earlier this month, she claimed immigrants are “bringing in disease and violence and every sort of difficulty” to this country.
- In September 2008, Bachmann blamed the financial crisis on a federal program that awarded home mortgage loans “on the basis of race and often on little else.”
- In February 2007, Bachmann told a newspaper that Iran had an agreement to take over half of Iraq, that a name had been chosen for that part of the region and that it would be used as a training ground for terrorists.
- In March 2004, Bachmann said on the radio that failure to pass her Defense of Marriage Amendment in the Minnesota Senate would cause the gay community to start “specifically targeting our children.”
- In a March, 2008 meeting she said “The big thing we are working on now is the global warming hoax. It’s all voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax.”