I posted 299 items during the month of September, about average. However, I had another month of increased hits on the blog and I’m not prepared to increase my estimate as to how many regular readers I have to fourteen!
The most popular post of the month was this one:
Franken talks down angry mob at State Fair
… which in turn sparked a Fark Event (or some such thing) over at Dusty Trice’s blog and put him on the map.
Another very popular post was this one:
… in which you gave us lots of great suggestions, and I’m sure we’ll use every one of them.
Very popular as well were Caster Semenya’s Gender: What would the science be?; Joe Wilson’s outburst is not about civility. It’s about racism; I am one pissed off m@f$@#ker, which is about health care; and Roman Polanski may visit Los Angeles Soon.
I particularly liked, and so did you (and by “like” I mean in some cases “dislike”) What is the Placebo Effect, and it it getting stronger? That particular post is extra interesting because it is about a paper on the topic, and the author of the paper joined in the discussion. If you’ve not seen it, go check it out!
September was also the month that I produced most of the Falsehoods Posts (and more are coming!). Here is a list of them so far:
- The Falsehoods
- “False Pearls before Real Swine”
- Falsehood: A baby is not the biological offspring of its adoptive mother
- Falsehoods: Has evolution stopped for humans?
- Natural Selection is Survival Of the Fittest (A Falsehood)
- Falsehood: Nature maintains balance.
- Is it a Falsehood that Humans Evolve from Apes?
- The poor and the dark skinned have more babies than the rich and the light skinned
- Acting for the survival of the species (a falsehood)
- Culture Overrides Biology (Another falsehood)
- What is the Placebo Effect, and it it getting stronger?
Thank you very much for an enjoyable month of blogging and conversation.