Archives for November 23, 2009

CERN: “Atoms … we smashes them”

The Large Hadron Collider has produced some data!

Top Ten Internet Videos Countdown: #8

I recommend the following two blog posts for the latest thinking on the conspiracy to force the anthropocentrical global warming conspiracy on the conspirators.

We were warned….

The Cost of College: California

Over the last several years, the cost of a college education in Minnesota has gone up several percent, but the range of services and opportunities one may have access to has not gone up (and in many cases gone down). This is probably true across the country. Right now, in California, there is debate over…

Diversity in Science Carnival #4 is at Urban Science Adventures

A warning before going any further: This blog will not be used as a dumping ground for the text of climategate related “released” emails. I have surveyed my readers and overwhelmingly have been told that people would prefer to not see that. So don’t do that. Now, on with the show…

Interview by Jimmy James Bettencourt It was dark and the streets were wet as I pulled out of the ER where I had seen enough carnage for the night and found the highway heading straight into town. Right away there was a sense of trouble and randomness in the air as police cars careened desperately…

Crocodile ancestors found in Sahara

A six-metre croc with three sets of fangs is among the five ancient relatives of modern-day crocodiles found in the Sahara Desert, scientists said Thursday. Three of the fossils, discovered by researchers led by Paul Sereno of the University of Chicago and Hans Larsson of McGill University, represent newly named species. The fossil remains were…

The Free Market is a god-like powerful force that we can rely on to solve our problems, especially those of supply and demand. So if, as the WHO estimates, about 2% of the population is going to be covered by H1N1 Swine Flu vaccine then … shall we assume that the other 98% of the…