… (and one other guy). And Gardner died on Saturday.
He was born in October 1914. So that made him …
Do the math.
Here is a sampling of his works. He published dozens of books, IIRC, so this is a very loose sample.
- Martin Gardner’s Mathematical Games
- When You Were a Tadpole and I Was a Fish: And Other Speculations About This and That
- Sphere Packing, Lewis Carroll, and Reversi: Martin Gardner’s New Mathematical Diversions (The New Martin Gardner Mathematical Library)
- Entertaining Science Experiments with Everyday Objects
- Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science (Popular Science)
- Did Adam and Eve Have Navels?: Debunking Pseudoscience
- Codes, Ciphers and Secret Writing (Test Your Code Breaking Skills)
- Relativity Simply Explained