A view of the Earth from the space shuttle Endeavour
shows sunshine reflected off an ocean. Rising global
temperatures are increasingly melting icecaps, causing
storm havoc and flooding large areas.
The Guardian has listed the top 100 people of all time who have done the most to save the planet.
- Rachel Carson, Author of Silent Spring
- EF Schumacher, Green economist
- Jonathan Porritt, Government adviser
- David Attenborough, TV naturalist
- James Lovelock, Biologist
- Wangari Maathai, Conservationist
- Prince of Wales, Green royal
- William Morris, Craftsman and writer
- Al Gore, US politician
- Gro Harlem Brundtland, Former Norwegian PM
The Prince of Wales?? Hello?? I know I am just a stupid American, but what has the Prince of Wales done to be ranked so highly on this list, besides being a member of the British monarchy?