First, a programming note; I’ll be at the ASM meeting next week. I’ll have some posted cued up, but I’ll probably not have time to respond to comments (which shouldn’t stop you from making them anyway). Here’s a list o’links for you. Science first:
- Maha probably understands the psychology of the Republican base as well as anyone. You read this post. Now.
- Some thoughts on Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s views about evolution.
- I argue that Harvard’s new teaching initiative won’t amount to anything.
- A Pondering Fool discusses the job crunch for young academic scientists (of course, it’s not much better for older ones either….)
- The mola mola: what a cool fish! (although I’m not sure it can compare to the opah…
- If you missed it, here are a bunch of links from an NAS colloquium on Adaptation and Complex Design.
- Mark at the Divine Afflatus argues that asking the Republican candidates about evolution was fair.
- Brian at the Primordial Blog tells us why the cockroach is the “sexiest animal on the planet.”
- Sir Oolius illustrates the ridiculous fear of ‘cybrids.’
The other stuff:
- What driftglass said. This too about the Great Moustache.
- Wolfowitz’s World Bank cronyism is part of the same phenomenon that led to the Gulf War.
- You probably already knew this, but, for Bush, loyalty is a one way street.
- A lot of Freepers want to impeach George Bush. So does a follower of the Great Orange Satan.
- This was published a while ago, but Thomas Geoghan’s take on Social Security is still worth reading.
- Karen Russell thinks the Confederate flag is the American Swastika.