I’m attending a conference about microbial population biology this week, but, thanks to the Blogerator 9000, the posts will keep on coming. Speaking of posts, here are some links for you. Science first:
- CTX-M-15 ESBLs: another antibiotic resistance problem.
- Here’s a post about the coolest metazoans EVAH: botrylloid ascidians.
- A ‘universal’ influenza vaccine is entering Phase I trials.
- Devilstower describes a couple of technological improvements in the developing world.
- Here’s a good post about horseshoe crab conservation.
The other stuff:
- Charles Pierce has the must-read post about how bad political ‘journalism’ is.
- Kevin Drum‘s and Brad DeLong‘s heads are going to explode because of columnists who wish that Democrats would start advocating what they’ve already been advocating…brain…freezes…up.
- driftglass welcomes the Vitter family to Liberalville.
- Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans (duh) are serious about limiting out-of-control spending in one government program: the Pentagon.
- The Kansas Republican Party requires office holders and seekers to take a loyalty oath–to the party.
- Jameson Foser: “The key details here are that reporters don’t like him [Edwards], and they’re willing to be unfair in order to bury him.”
- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney seeks out that all-important Republican primary voting bloc: the illiterate.
- Litbrit argues the case for impeachment.
- maha gives us a history of evangelicalism in the U.S.
- Julie Bergman Sender writes a letter to Cindy Sheehan. I think it’s a very perceptive take on the anti-war movement.