Here are your links. Science goes firstest:
- Here’s one more way antibiotics are misused: treating respiratory viruses.
- ScienceBlogling Tara describes how epidemiologists realized that we had an XDR-TB problem.
- Here’s how fast a fastball really is.
- Joe Lieberman was so successful at foreign policy, he’s decided to move into global warming. We’re all going to die…
- I agree with PZ: we need to teach calculus in high school.
The other stuff:
- Fox News: teaching grandmothers how to hate their grandchildren.
- If S-CHIP isn’t adequately funded, parents could always buy pet health insurance for their kids.
- Speaking of S-CHIP, Republicans expose the expansion of the S-CHIP healthcare program for one reason: because it works.
- Have I ever mentioned that people make decisions based on ethos, not issues and policy?
- ScienceBlogling Joseph thinks that Gonzogate is about vote caging.
- Katherine Newman discusses the missing class: the near poor.
- Dean’s fifty-state strategy is working in purple America.
- Maha discusses the problem with biblical literalism.
- Believe it or not, your highly managed 401(k) probably does worse than the government’s unmanaged one.