Long live Myrmecos.net!
By way of a replacement, the ant photos are now over at alexanderwild.com:
- Galleries can be viewed as a slide show
- Geo data are integrated with Google Maps (I’m still working on this)
- Images can be displayed at a larger size (up to 800 pixels)
- RSS feeds (for example: new photos)
- Smoother navigation
- Searches return relevant thumbnail images
- Automated commercial licensing
- Automated ordering of prints
- Images and galleries allow comments
I won’t bore you with the details of why I am no longer supporting myrmecos. The short version is that I no longer have time to maintain a static website with 3500+ individual html files. And, the new site both looks better and is significantly less work.
The old myrmecos.net will still be available as an archive for as long as I’m willing to pay the yearly hosting fee of $90. Probably another couple of years, I think. I will no longer be adding new material to it, however.
If any of you have time to do me a huge favor, please go surfing through the new site with an eye for errors and design flaws. Anything from spelling mistakes to suggestions for new features would be greatly appreciated.