While we regularly post lengthy discussions on Obesity Panacea, there are many research updates, news stories, videos, etc. in the field of obesity, physical activity and nutrition that we come across on a daily basis that never grace the pages of the blog. Most of these mini-stories we share with our followers on Twitter, and we encourage those of you with active Twitter accounts to communicate with us there to get real-time updates of all the stuff we are discussing (Follow Peter and/or Follow Travis). For those of you who shy away from Twitter, enjoy below the best mini-stories that we came across during the prior week along with links to the original source so that you can follow the full story.
- It pays to be proactive about health: Employee
wellness incentives to increase to 30 percent of a health plan premium: http://nyti.ms/b6vDWy
- How Old Was Gandhi When He Died or Why Testimonials Sell (Dr Sharma’s Obesity Notes)
- Peel Region’s schools schedule kids lunches at 9:50 am: recipe for childhood obesity? (Weighty Matters)
- Chili Burn: Can Green Tea and Chili Pepper Burn Fat? (Science Based Pharmacy)
- Can the iPad make you healthier? An Update (The Daily Monthly)
- Taking the stairs actually makes a difference! (Sweat Science)
Have a great weekend!