It’s true, I cannot overcome this poll on WorldNutDaily. They are ‘reporting’ on the Large Hadron Collider and the weird fact that people are fretting over whether the Swiss will annihilate the word, so they ask their readers about why they’re worried.
The first way they stumped me was by not giving any good answers (the seventh and eighth are probably closest to what I think). Then they threw in so many possible answers, which contain a lot of insane answers, which I thought at first were intended to be jokes…until I looked and saw that several of the crazy answers were leading in votes.
So here’s the lunacy, with the current leading answers flagged. I don’t think we can crash this poll — it’s too bizarre to be addressed.
I DON’T WANT TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE. Are you concerned about scientists turning on a machine some say could destroy the planet?
- No, I trust the scientists to know what they’re doing
- No, doomsayers said the world would end two weeks ago when the supercollider was being tested
- No, somebody has been watching too many science fiction TV shows
- No, it’s simply not plausible that a machine underground could destroy the entire earth
- #2: No, this kind of catastrophe doesn’t fit into Bible prophecy
- No, if Al Gore isn’t worried, I’m not worried
- No, the risks have been wildly exaggerated
- No, the benefits of the research are worth the risk
- #1: No, the only black hole I’m concerned about is the one that sucked billions of dollars from taxpayers to fund this boondoggle
- What’s the difference? Global warming is going to kill us eventually
- I don’t know, but if the worst happens, you can be sure some lawyer will find a way to make money off of it
- Yes, it could ruin my whole day
- Yes, this may be the time scientists finally go too far
- Yes, these are forces of nature man was not meant to monkey with
- Yes, the courts should halt the startup until more studies are done
- Yes, these scientists are nothing more than al-Qaida in lab coats
- Of course, creating black holes is dangerous
- #3: Yes, this arrogant search for a “God particle” is no different than building the Tower of Babel — God is not mocked
- Yes, I’m convinced this is putting us all at risk
I surrender. The drunken monkey style of WND is victorious.