Colorado State scores Keck money, D-Wave scores venture money, QICIQ 2008, Reversible computation tutorial, and a review of “Quantum Hoops.”
- The Keck Foundation has given some dinero to Colorado State for quantum computing research:
The primary goal of the research program is to demonstrate laser cooling and trapping of a single silicon atom. Then, on demand, researchers will ionize the atom and deliver it to the desired qubit location with nanometer accuracy, said Siu Au Lee, a professor of physics at CSU and principal investigator for the program.
- D-Wave has closed a $17 million dollar series C round of financing. Will a series D round be needed for D-Wave? (Sorry couldn’t resist.)
- A conference in Queensland: Quantum Information and Control In Queensland — QICIQ. Website here. Abstract deadline is listed as “17 Mar 2008,” which I think means March 17, 2008. What pretty pictures. I am jealous.
- Not quite quantum, but here is a nice tutorial on reversible computation.
- A review of “Quantum Hoops.”