I’m in D.C, attending the sorters meeting for the APS March meeting. Traveling in early December is always nice as the planes seem to be empty (*stretch*) and sheesh, it’s downright balmy here in D.C. Now I’ve absconded to a second rate hotel in the middle of what I can only guess is somewhere near the mythical land of suburbia, since the place is surrounded by office complexes, watching the civil war (no, not that civil war, that one.)
Things I’ve been thinking about when I’m not obsession about my latest research:
- Has anyone ever tried sending a prop to a conference?
- Because I hate advice columns about graduate school I am happy to point you to Luis von Ahn’s advice on graduate school applications.
- Next thing you know, xkcd will be drawing Spherical Cows
- Fafblog contemplates the Pauli paradox.
- On twitter I was asked “do you think entangled angular momentum states provide any advantage for QKD?” to which I had only FAIL in response. Opinions?
- A very cool volcano picture.
- Oh, and happy birthday to Ellen Swallow Richards, even if you did go to the lesser Tech school